Monday, November 22, 2010

Our Trip to Arataki Honey

I went to Arataki Honey to learn about bees.
The bees wiggle their bottoms so the other bees know what they are talking about.  I got to dress up as a bee.  I watched a movie about bees.
The queen bee has a dot on her back so they know which one is the queen bee. I learnt about the smoker keeping the bees settled.
We got to have a little treat and that was a pot of honey. 
I had a wonderful time there.
by Georgia

2 comments:

  1. Hi Georgia. What a neat story you wrote about your trip to Arataki. I'm glad no-one puts a dot on my back! You were very lucky to get a pot of honey from Arataki. I laughed when I found you licking your sticky honey fingers after school with Galaxy! Love from Mum xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your writing Georgia! You sure learnt a lot about bees. I like how you describe how the bees talk to each other. Great stuff!

    Mr M :)

    ReplyDelete