We learnt that when shapes all fit together it is called tessellation.
Mrs Beswick made lots of different patterns with hexagons, squares, triangles, rectangles and even circles.
We thought she was one fantastic and clever lady!
We wrote stories about her Patchwork. We hope you enjoy them.
Wow, Mrs Beswick you are very creative!!! Your quilts are beautiful :-)
ReplyDeleteHi Room 1
ReplyDeleteMrs Beswick is a very clever lady. I wish I could make gorgeous quilts like her. My daughter Kate is very lucky to have a quilt made by Mrs Beswick for when she was born. It has animal pictures all over it in shapes too. It is very cute. I have borrowed it at the moment and have it on my teaching chair at school. I should put it away safely for Kate when she is grown up so she can teach her children about it too.
Maybe you can all make your own quilts for art/maths. That would be a great idea. I love your stories. I bet Mrs Beswick does too.
Mrs Allen